Monday, 2 July 2007

OMG - Repetition maybe on London....

So, finally I sit down to type up what I’ve been doing so that you can read it, be bored to tears and wonder why you ever logged on to my blog at all…. Don’t really blame you if you wander off to other things – although I will find out, I will track you down or is that I’ll just hang out in Provence a bit more and enjoy myself…..

Turning back to London (and I’m offline now typing this so I can’t quite remember what I’ve already typed – eek!), having gotten off the plane, had a facial, relaxed a little and met my new little nephew, it was off into London with my sister. Although, we didn’t get that far as I had left my cellphone in the carpark – which by turn of events was still there. The funniest part (apart from accidentally phoning my sister in London from Hong Kong airport; tip – always always always make sure your phone is on keylock..) was that we were on the motorway when I realised I’d left my phone so my sister took the next off-ramp which was still Heathrow airport – that place is rather huge!

We then drove to Blackheath where my sister lives – on the ring road – and stopped for MacDonalds – their banana milkshakes the bestest hangover cure and I figured that they might make me feel a bit better – although they’re really thick in England; hopefully no mad-cow-beef-based-non-diary stuff in it.

London then followed which was mainly hanging out with my nephews and sisters, walking to Blackheath one day (which was lovely and passed the most beautiful old folks home on the way). Blackheath itself it just a lot of grass. It’s pretty cool, and pretty big – but a lot of grass none-the-less!

Another night (which was before Blackheath but it’s very late, my timing is all mixed up, I’m trying to get as much typed as possible to bore you to tears and this laptop keeps doing weird things) I went into London Bridge – which apparently the Americans bought when they thought they were buying the Disneyland Tower Bridge - and caught up with Deborah Holyoake – whom I’m used to work with at MSD. Some of you may remember her but it was so cool to see her, and it was hard to think that it was over 3 years since I’d last seen her. We, of course, did the only sensible thing which was to have a major goss-catch up session over dinner. What we spoke about, looking out over the Thames, well, maybe that’s just private goss….

I should probably mention here that I was staying with Lee, nearly Lee (in Lewisham actually I think) which isn’t that far by walking, bus (which if I didn’t get off not knowing that it looped back I wouldn’t have walked so far, but it was nice) or train from my sister’s place (although you wouldn’t take the train, a bus is much easier – and you can use an oyster card but not on the trains – oyster being the “one card fits all public transport” card which is being rolled out across all public transport but hasn’t made all the trains yet). Lee’s place is great, the bathroom is fab and it’s just around the corner from a lovely little park which the local library is a wonderful old building!

No comments: