Monday, 2 July 2007

Post 40....

POST 40….

I should also say – yah all of you who sent me txts! Fantastic and just yummy! And yah all of you who sent emails – fantastic and just yummy! I’m so sorry if I haven’t replied to each individually – duh!! I’ll owe so many people big time! It was so cool thought to receive all of them on my birthday (or the emails later) – yah!

On the 28th of June, as a 40 year old – lol – I went wandering by myself around Bastille. I found markets (the street food markets here are just fantastic – how anyone in this country stays thin I have no idea!), shops, more markets (the second set included an indoor food hall where I had fun buying cheese, a goats cheese and a blue cheese – both cru – unpasteurised milk), a wonderful boulangarie where the shop assistant slipped me an extra loaf of bread as it was my birthday – the little things like that are just sparkles really, a shop where I bought some paté (which in French means pasta I think - pate is terrine here!) and found a park and had myself a little picnic. Spot on! Then back to the hotel, bye byes to Tia, Lizzie and Amanda and saw them off on the metro (to the train back to London to the rain – although Paris had been pretty grotty!), dinner with Peter and Ivo – huge pizzas, like massive, then to the restaurant below the hotel for crème brulee with a very good looking waiter (who, no, I did not get to know better!) and then bed!

And so ended my time in Paris! I started as a baby-pup (if that’s what one can call a 39 year old) and left a not-so-baby-baby-pup. Paris is truly an amazing city, it would be wonderful to spend longer and longer there. Maybe one day….

No comments: